What We Do
The Heritage Commission performs a number of important functions. The staff and volunteers collect and organize North American Baptist Conference-related materials, provide research services, manage the archives, encourage the translation from German to English of key historical documents, inform our members concerning significant happenings, as well as many other archive-related activities.
- Assisting those who request information about the NAB churches, former pastors or members – often for anniversary and/or genealogical purposes.
- Accessing the archival holdings to researchers desiring to visit the Archives to do extensive research themselves.
- Preserving and managing original records, pictures, and other artifacts of NAB churches and organizations.
- Publishing the newsletter Heritage Horizons
- Displaying museum items for public viewing